Sunday, November 29, 2009

Farewell?

It's another one of those days when 15 year old Sati-dog is looking like she is leaving this world. She was perky yesterday; up a few times last night. Every time she went down into the yard, she would stay there, staring at things, and I would have to call her back in.

The last time she went out, it was clearly a bit of a struggle for her to come up the steps. She hasn't eaten at all today - not even turkey broth or fresh turkey breast. She would just stand on the back porch staring out into the yard, her legs slowly slipping out from under her. Finally she lay down on the porch in the sun. I came out and moved her pillow, and moved her onto it so she would be more comfortable.

She's not interested in much of anything. There have been similar times in the past - going back a year! There have been times when I thought she was going to die any minute - but then she has made a miraculous recovery more than once.

I feel very sad today. It seems to me that she is finally giving up for real. I'm just glad that it seems like she is not suffering. For a cantankerous, possessive, unpredictable dog, I'm going to miss her a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment